Oil Tank Removal
Innov8tive Environmental Services Inc. (IES) will safely and efficiently remove your oil tank to completely eliminate the risk of leakage.
Today’s property owner(s) should be aware that New York State law requires immediate clean up by a licensed professional when an oil tank leak is discovered. If oil leakage is not properly evaluated and addressed, it can have a negative impact on the value of your property and may result in devastating consequences. If you no longer require the use of your oil tank, it is in your best interest to have it removed immediately to prevent oil leakage and additional expenses down the road.
Innov8tive Environmental Services Inc. (IES) does not take any shortcuts when removing oil tanks. We adhere to a strict protocol to minimize the risk of leakage, as well as damage to the surrounding property. Our qualified fuel specialists will carefully evaluate the safest approach to your tank removal. In most cases, tank removal consists of the following:
- File permit upon final executed agreement.
- Contact dig safely NY for underground utility markings. Contact homeowner and municipality for project start date and inspection.
- Mobilization of equipment to project.
- IES excavates to the depth of your underground oil tank until there is clear access to the top of the tank.
- A large opening is then carefully cut in the top of the tank allowing a vacuum hose to be easily inserted to remove remaining fuel and sludge.
- Once properly cleaned, the tank is lifted from the ground and inspected for any breeches. The tank grave is then inspected for impacted soil by IES and the local municipality inspectors.
- If no issues found the tank grave is back filled to grade and property is restored to its original condition.
- The entire oil tank is then lifted and removed from the property and disposed of at a local licensed recycling facility.
- Last but not least, IES will ensure that all required paperwork is filed with the appropriate municipal offices, and the customer is issued an official certificate of completion.